Even with a new starter I am not thrilled with the way the Jackmobile is working these days. I understand that he’s old, 12.5 years and 181k miles, however I need a car that is reliable. I’m considering my options, but hoping not to have to enact any of them until I return from LEAF in Black Mountain, NC this weekend.

As for the weekend that just passed it was a mixed-bag of success and failure. After doing laundry Saturday morning, at the lavanderia close to Lam’s in case the Jackmobile had “issues”, I attempted to work on Saturday, but was thwarted by the lack of air conditioning in the office and the continual failure of the backend servers on which my app relies. Around 2pm my boss came into to get his laptop and invited me over to his condo to watch the Clemson game; I took him up on his offer. I salvaged my trip to the Perimeter Mall area by dropping off two shirts at the dry cleaner, stopping into Target for a new HVAC filter (that I installed on Sunday morning), and returning the wrong-size Chuck Taylors I bought at a Ross in Raleigh whilst killing some time before meeting ITP-Reader Lisa for lunch.

On Saturday night the boss and I went over to Terminal West for the Chatham County Line / Packway Handle Band show. The plan was to listen to CCL, who put on a really good show imo, and make an early night of it, but when a Georgia Aquarium friend of the boss saw him and introduced us to her husband, who is in Packway Handle Band, we stayed for most of their set. I think that I got home some time just shy of 1:00am.

My late night on Saturday/Sunday made it convenient for me to stay in bed past 10:00am, something that I rarely do. Knowing that there would be racquetball in my future I rallied myself out of bed so that I could go somewhere for lunch with the added bonus of doing most of my German homework (still need to do better at incorporating this in to my life).

I decided to give the Jackmobile a bit of a run so I drove from the Northlake Mall area around the bottom of I285 to I20 East returning home in time to watch the first half of the Jets’ first loss of this week before shutting the game off in disgust. By the end of the first half it was time for me to pack up my shit and head up to LA Fitness in Brookhaven.

The boss and I played racquetball for about a hour before each of us concluded that we’d had enough. We supplemented our racquetball with about a 45-minute walk around Brookhaven before returning to LA Fitness to shower.

Of course we couldn’t let an opportunity to see a pretty bartender pass so after working out we went into Lucky’s and had a couple of beers, I chose a health(ier) dinner option to pair with them.

I returned home a little after 9:00pm where I promptly passed out on the couch, remaining on it for the rest of the evening before getting up to head to work today.

Weekend Grade: B-

Paulie [eatl/ga]

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Crossroads

  1. Barb says:

    Hi from Iowa! It’s been cool & dreary for the most part. Good times hanging with the family, but it’s tough, parents are getting older & older each trip (as I’m sure you all know what I mean).

    Hopefully my flight tomorrow at 6am is on time, I’d hate to get up super early to get the airport for a delayed flight.

  2. Yep, I know exactly what you mean, which is why I need to make more frequent trips to Florida if possible.

    Hope that you have a good flight back tomorrow morning.

Comments are closed.