I’m taking the week off from work. I’m burning three sick days before our company holidays of Christmas Eve and Christmas. Oh, I shan’t be relaxing all day, instead I have chores lined up for each and every day this week.
Annual Christmas Routine Part 2
On Saturday night I joined twelve others at the performance of “A Christmas Carol” at Shakespeare Tavern. As always, it was a great time. Even with the changes that are introduced each year, new cast member, etc, it is a rousing rendition of the Dickens classic.
What can I say, I’m a wimp. Instead of going to Wheelhopper yesterday I stayed at home and rode for an hour on my trainer. I really wanted to go to Wheelhopper, but the cold, and the promise that I’d made to a coworker that we’d meet up for dinner last night kept me away. Ironically, the coworker had to cancel the dinner plans.
To my credit it was the second day in a row that I did an hour on the trainer.
Doing another hour is on today’s schedule again. I’m trying to lose weight and train for my scheduled Vermont trip in August.
My goals for today are the following:
- Get breakfast out somewhere on the westside. Perhaps I’ll stop at Octane, or pick up a Sublime donut.
- Go to IKEA to buy a tv media center. I know this violates my desire to get rid of things, but I’ll need this going forward with my “2016: Change is a’comin'” plan.
- Ride the trainer for an hour.
- Spend two hours learning Swift.
- Spend one hour studying German.
- Eat dinner out, or if I get crazy, cook something at home, or if I get even crazier go to the Moonlite Hash’s annual Tacky Light Tour.
Hope you had a great weekend and can manage to find some relaxation time this week.