2/1 = 2

Whew, I’m moving as fast as I can and still falling behind this morning.

My weekend was jam-packed and enjoyable, even if all didn’t go exactly as planned.

On Saturday morning I met up with photog friends at Majestic Diner. From there we headed for a few photos at Oakland Cemetery prior to making our way to Turner Field. Once at Turner Field I was stunned at the size of the crowd waiting to get in. After waiting around for a while and find where to donate the clothes I planned on donating I decided to scrap my plans to get inside for Braves FanFest.

I used the rest of the daytime Saturday getting in some pleasure reading, doing sixty minutes on the trainer, and packing up for my overnight trip to Athens.

I picked up my coworker for the journey to Athens, and after we finally made it to our hotel we Uber’ed into town, walked around looking for dinner, and then going to the 40 Watt for the Whiskey Gentry / Cracker show.

On Sunday morning we awoke, pulled a stop at IHOP, and then came back to Atlanta. I thought that I was going to be รƒยผber productive yesterday, but a two-hour nap squelched that idea. I did manage to get in ninety minutes on the trainer before packing up a ton of dirty laundry for a trip to the lavanderia.

My time on the trainer left me one ninety-minute ride away from finding out who won the second iteration of The Amazing Race.

It was important for me to get all my laundry done yesterday because I will be meeting with ITP-Reader Betsy for dinner at Alfredo’s.

I also need to remember to get my brother’s birthday card in the mail today. His birthday is Wednesday, good thing he and I aren’t concerned about getting our cards on time. ๐Ÿ™‚

Paulie [eatl/ga]

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to 2/1 = 2

  1. Steve says:

    Holy crap, what a weekend. A great meeting of the NTC. Some new players will be a great addition, the new TD is the previous chairman of the NTC and an old friend, and while we didn’t meet the new CEO, as he was at CX Worlds, he presence was felt because he isn’t the a$$hole who last was in the position and EVERYONE is pleased!

    Getting home last night was an adventure. Driving back to Denver was not a problem. A little blowing snow, but still moving along at 75. My flight was to leave at 5:30, then 6:55, the aircraft finally showed up at 7:30, but with a maintenance issue. Issue resolved, board at 8:15. Somehow a strap from the tug has gotten stuck in the nose wheel and we can’t push back. Mechanic #2 is now called. Strap removed, now find a new tug. New tug found and we push back and head to de-ice! FINALLY we take off at 9:00 (11 EST). Land at 1:25, wait for gate checked bag, find Debbie, drive home, collapse in the bed at 02:15.

    The good news is I had already anticipated a lot of this crap, and had asked for the morning off. I only arrived at 11:00 for basically a half day. Yippee.

    Happy Monday.


  2. Barb says:

    Sounds like a blast Steve……… especially for Debbie waiting………

    attempted a mtn bike ride with the new bike Saturday, but Allan hit a stick that decided to destroy his rear derailleur & drop out & he couldn’t even make the chain work as a single speed. So – 2 miles – but the new bike is nice!

    Went to SCT with Red Eye Sunday – a nice easy ride since I think it has been 6 months since I’ve been on the road bike.

  3. Paulie [eatl/ga] says:

    You get full points for trying, Barb. And welcome back to the road world. You currently have more mileage than I do because all fourteen of my January rides were on the trainer. ๐Ÿ™‚

  4. Steve says:

    Yeah, she was really, really excited to see me… and drive her home! Of course at that hour, no one is messing with you parked on the curb.

    I saw today I’ve been assigned to work “Tour of Colorado- aka USAPCC” unfortunately, there website hasn’t been updated since September and nothing else is current. Does not bode well.

Comments are closed.