Happy Friday!

Because of my 7:30am doctor appointment this morning was not one on which I wanted to fall asleep early on the futon and be awake around 3:30am. But, that’s my current pattern. Shortly I will attempt to get a nap in so that I can get up again with enough time to take a fast shower and be at West Paces/ I-75 by 7:15am.

Yesterday’s tree work went almost as well as could be hoped, even though it was rather nerve racking at times. The taking down of the dead pine tree created quite the thump that had at least of of my neighbors looking to see what the hell was going on. I still have hours of cleanup ahead of me, time which I should be spending clearing the land on which I will put garden beds, but that’s what happens when you cut costs. There will be many backyard fires between now and summer; I know that a lot of the wood won’t be ready to burn until next year, but many of the smaller limbs and branches can burn sooner. I watched with interest yesterday as the squirrels tried to figure out what had happened to their highway system and sought alternative routes from one side of my backyard to the other.

This afternoon I have my first one-on-one meeting with my new manager; the last one left the company in December. This may or may not set the direction of my future with “XYZ Corp”.

No firm plans exist yet for the weekend, though I do have a few proverbially irons in the fire.

Hope you have a happy and healthy weekend.

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to 2021-01-08

  1. Doctor visit went okay, she’s not concerned. She prescribed more PT and gave me the name of a new doctor to call in the future because she is retiring in two weeks.

    I guess that I created too much kitchen space because I went to Aldi this morning and bought a bunch of food. At Aldi I was going to get a large refrigerated pizza to make for dinner tonight, but they didn’t have any veggie ones left. I considered making today a meat day, but would rather eat higher-quality meat than what comes on these pizzas.

    Prior to Aldi I stopped into Dollar Tree to get two more small storage bins to match the ones I bought a few weeks ago, but alas, they were also sold out.

  2. Steve says:

    A pretty quiet day yesterday. At 7:30, I bet with myself the rain would arrive by 12:30 and was only a little bit off. It was somewhat dry when I had to get Debbie a fix for her Diet Dr. Pepper addiction. A very good 40 minutes on the trainer. Dinner was chicken parm in the air fryer- our first attempt at something “complicated” and it was pretty tasty.

    Before bed, I wanted to sit in the hot tub and as I step out on the deck, it’s sprinkling rain! For the first time ever,I sat in the hot tub with an umbrella. Don’t knock it, it worked perfectly.

    Happy Friday.


Comments are closed.