Morning folks. It was an interesting weekend…

On Friday, after my trials and tribulations with doing laundry, I returned home and to the best of my knowledge I never left the ITP Estate again. On Friday evening I went out to WLF and harvested some greens for my dinner.

Saturday morning found me walking with Betsy and Bella. After we walked I puttered around the farm before spending some number of hours feeding branches into Wee Little Chipper. After a much-needed shower I cooked dinner using more greens and some snap peas from WLF.

Saturday’s low point was the ending of Bundesliga, and the gutting realization that my beloved Werder Bremen has been relegated to the second division. I don’t see them returning to the top division any time soon (they will have to finished near the top of Bundesliga 2 for the 2021-2022 in order to return).

Yesterday morning I puttered around WLF, and in the far reaches of my yard found an old credit card. I thought it was from the previous owners of the ITP Estate, but the dates didn’t jive. After talking about it with Bonnie I believe that it was a card for my neighbor. The card expired thirteen years ago, so I just tossed it into the trash.

Yesterday afternoon I did my first Black Sheep trail since last August. I was hoping to be 100% before returning to doing trail, but I knew the area in which it was to be laid and wanted to run it. We hashed over railroad tracks, passed through an abandoned school, and most of us ran around the old quarry. Apparently one of us, Shiggy Pits, was convinced to enter the quarry and had to be rescued by other hashers.

After dropping Bonnie off at home I drove back to claim a rain barrel that someone had put to the curb. Sometime in the next day or so I will inspect and fill it with water in order it to make sure it’s functioning properly.

I’m a bit sore today, but tonight’s hash starts in Brownwood Park, so I will do my level best to run trail tonight.

This entry was posted in My Daily Life. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to 2021-05-24

  1. Steve says:

    A good crowd at the Brooks RR Saturday. A few crashes, one DQ for abusing the yellow line at the finish, and apparently some argy bargy in another race that was reported to me via email!! Not a lot I can do about that…

    The scooter ran well, but I was hearing some noise out of the front wheel. I looked into it yesterday and it doesn’t seem critical.

    I got the wireless working in the man cave. The new AP (refurbished) wasn’t responding to any of the methods listed in the doc but I was able to fire up Wireshark and find it and get it reconfigured. I was streaming the Giro as I was working on the scooter yesterday. I’m pleased!

    And speaking of the Giro, a massive crash yesterday just after the zero kilometer had the comms stop the race. 3 riders didn’t restart and a lot of skin was left on the road. 20 minute stoppage. The decision was quick and pretty well executed. The riders who were trying to set up the break were understandably pissed, but what can you do? Today’s stage is in the rain with snow at the finish! Muscle Mountain Mania 1, anyone?


    • Just tried watching the Giro, and still hate that they only have an iPhone app. Tried streaming from phone to my laptop — nope! Oh well no Giro for me. I did see that they are shortening today’s stage due to the weather you mentioned.

  2. Bonnie says:

    It was nice to have my ole hashing partner back on the trail. 🙂

    • It was good to be out there with you too! 😀

      If I can ever get close to 100% healthy I would like to push myself to run a little more in order to get in with some of the others.

  3. Barb says:

    Argy bargy? What does that mean?

    My weekend was very boring, I’ve got some sort of cold, (or allergies acting up). just don’t have much energy & a stuffy head & some coughing.
    Hated missing Claire’s wake, but just didn’t feel up for it.
    We did go out yesterday afternoon to reccy the June Wheelhopper with Midget up in Cumming. Allan is trying to reign him in & make sure it isn’t too long & crazy.
    Planning it to be a Dickwoody memorial hash.

    • It’s when some of the riders tussle with one another while riding — leaning in, shouldering one another, etc.

      Probably returning to Georgia — home of pollen and dust. Hope you feel better soon.

      Even though I am a poor “mountain” cyclist I hope to be able to ride the next Wheelhopper.

    • Bonnie says:

      I am finally getting over the hump of my allergies / sinuses. I still have a tiny bit of coughing and a bit of phlegm. (I know, I’m classy like that.)

  4. Huh, the Dollar to Pound exchange rate is not in our favor. I just bought a software license for £34, which translated to $48. Poop!

  5. Oh yeah, I harvested my first load of potatoes! I tipped out a bag of potatoes that were grown from two Aldi red potatoes. My massive harvest of five potatoes fit into the palm of my hand. 🤦🏻‍♂️ I think that I have some things to learn about potato growing…

    • Barb says:

      Maybe leave them in the ground to grow a little longer?

    • Yeah, this was a just a test. Because they were Aldi potatoes I have no idea which variety they were, so I probably pulled them too early. I just couldn’t wait any longer to harvest one bag. 😂

  6. Steve says:

    You didn’t miss much on the Giro coverage. Neither the copters nor the repeater aircraft were allowed to fly, so once they got within 20k of the finish, they lost cell service as well and the announcers were just reporting race radio splits and showing crowd shots. I don’t know if they will make a highlight show from what the cameras stored, but the conditions were horrendous! There was still snow over the top of the last climb.

Comments are closed.