Happy 2023. I hope this year is far better for me than last year was.
I don’t make resolutions, but I do set goals (remember the year I vowed to eat more pancakes?) So, here are my goals for this year:
– Return to being mostly vegetarian. Since I stopped hanging out with a certain vegan/vegetarian I have wandered back into being more of a carnivore, and I don’t think my waistline nor cardiac system appreciates that.
– Lose at least twenty pounds, more than ten of which have returned in recent months. See above, my 2023 starting weight was 198.2 pounds.
– Earn some money in the form of a salary. The stock market’s decline combined with my spending habits and rising costs has made this inevitable.
– Downsize, downsize, downsize. At my age the accumulation of “things” is nonsensical. (Of course Saturday I had to convert $170 in Curion money before it expired; I turned it into Amazon credit, so I will be buying some things…)
– Reach out for help. I have to admit that I can’t do everything by myself any longer, and if I have learned anything on my Florida trips is that it only gets harder with each passing year.
– On any day possible (read “when I am home”) I will read a short story from a book called Studies In The Short Story, a book that has been in my possession for at least twenty years.
I stayed at home Saturday night, watching all episodes of the first season of “Ted Lasso”, except for the one in the middle through which I apparently slept.
The BRAG route has been announced — Clayton to Augusta. On the first day it traces most of the route in Clayton around Lake Burton that I rode in June.
Here’s to hoping that this year I never consider killing myself.
I laughed when yesterday’s Wordle answer turned out to be WHINE. I solved today’s Wordle in three attempts; my starter today was SPORT